Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Can anyone tell me at what time period did the Phoenicians flourish?

I was thinking about 1100-1200. And he you can tell me if there was anything desirable that the Phoneicians had that other civilizations wanted.


thanks
Can anyone tell me at what time period did the Phoenicians flourish?
The Phoenicians existed between about 1600 BC to 300 BC. They developed a massive maritime economy along the West coast of modern day Turkey. The height of their power was (VERY vaguely) around 1000BC, as their naval power and culture zenithed. It declined somewhat with the gorwth of Hellenistic Greece and was eventually annexed into the Persian empire under Cyrus.
Can anyone tell me at what time period did the Phoenicians flourish?
Hi Tennisss.


The Phoenicians existed from 3000 B.C. to 634 A.D


Tennisss, I have a fantastic site which will give you everything you need to know about these great people and their History.


If you have the slightest interest in anything to do with them then you will enjoy the site.


phoenicia.org/history.html - 145


Please take your time in this site as there is so many parts to it.


Good luck my friend,


cathorio
Reply:The Phoenicians were around from before 1500 BC to about 300 BC. I would say their zenith was 900-750 BC. After that they suffered from the continental powers - Assyria, Babylon, Persia - and also from competition by the Greeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Allyn © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting